Saturday, May 1, 2010

Here, in Panama

So I have been here almost two weeks, on Tuesday it will be 2 weeks. I really like it here and the people are very nice. They like the gringos! It is very hot and humid here and since the hills here are so large, I sweat a lot. Also, there isn't central A/C or a fan in my room and the toilet is a latrine (hole in the ground type thing but with a nice toilet seat on top :)). I know it's gross but this is my blog :) The food here tastes really good and it's not all rice and beans. My host mom really enjoys other things, pasta for example is a favorite, and so she doesn't like eating rice everyday. Next weekend I will be traveling to the site of a current volunteer to kind of get an idea of what is going on and what she does there. I am very excited but the trip there will take me probably 6 or so hours. I am excited because I will be going most of the trip by myself so I will be able to at least navigate where I'm going even if my Spanish isn't up to par. Anyway, I will try to update again after my trip so you can know what it's like in the Panamanian interior!
Until next time...
Heather


This post is purely my opinion and does not in any way represent the views of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.

No comments:

Post a Comment