Tuesday, May 25, 2010

COFFEE... mmm

Ok, so here's the latest... I will be working in a COFFEE site!!!! I am very, very excited because you probably didn't know this, but Panama has some of the most expensive coffee in the world and it's very rico! And they supply coffee to some V.I.P.'s that I am probably not supposed to mention, so I won't. Anyway, I am currently in a place called Boquete and, if you can believe it, it's actually kind of chilly here!!! I know, not what you think of when you think of Panama or if you have talked to me on the phone or read other stuff, you know it's like SWODY all of the time. But here it is very cool and it stays pretty cloudy most of the time but those are like prime growing conditions for coffee which is why this place has sold coffee for over $100 a pound, and no, I'm not exaggerating.

Anywho, the place where I will be working- I find out exactly where next week- is not going to be like this so much. I will be working on a much smaller scale of farming but the community will be selling to buyers here in Panama. More to come when I figure out everything!

In other news, there was a GIANT tarantula in my house last week. It tried to sneak in through the roof because it was raining and apparently they don't enjoy getting wet. They are also very docile creatures I have heard but let's face, I'm not trying to hang out with one and let it crawl on me for fun. NO THANKS! Here is a picture of my furry little friend. Needless to say, I had trouble sleeping that night and I most definitely put up my mosquito net the next!


But, here is also a picture of when I fell and scraped my leg walking to the waterfall, also pictured. I want to put these on FB but it is giving me trouble at the moment. Anywho, enjoy these ones.




I will be returning to my host family on Sunday, my b-day, and they are having a party for me. How sweet! Also, I am at the Spanish level that I need to be at to stay so that is great! Only a month of learning and I am good enough but certainly nowhere near where I want to be!

I leave you with a picture of the river near where I am at... I don't know the name but there was a hot springs next to it that was AMAZING!



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment